Sunday, April 4, 2010

SEO and Business

If you are in ITEC 335 class in American University, you must have your account on Google Analytics. I also use Google Analytics, but this is the first time I figure out that it is a kind of AEO. After reading Davit’s article and a video about Search Engine Optimization (AEO), I thought that SEO is the real way to social networking and business.

I also have my private blog on Cyworld, which is a Korean social networking web site, and the site provides the function similar with Google Analytics. I can see how many people visited my blog, and which post was interesting to the visitors. I just use it for satisfaction, but from now on, I want to use it by another way; targeting. By exploiting SEO, I can analyze characteristics of the visitors and fit posts and tags to them.

If I have a company and sell something to anonymous consumers, I will definitely use SEO with blogs. The first step is making blogs and accounts on Google Analytics something. The second process is analyzing characteristics of visitors like gender, age, and districts. And third, applying them to the posts and searching sites to fit products to their desires. I think information is the strongest weapon for business. By targeting consumers by using SEO, the CEO of the company can have big opportunity to catch their customers’ eyes.

4 comments:

  1. It does seem that SEO is the best way to get a brand name out there. Analytics tools should be available on every social networking site, like you said on Cyworld. That's a great example of how businesses need to evolve to spread out their content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very interesting what you brought up about analytics and Cyworld. It does seem to be that SEO is the new marketing tool for businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you say that if you are selling a product online you will incorporate a blog into your marketing program!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so true what you said about information- strongest weapon. Using SEO, you could target people who would be interested in your products much more easily.

    ReplyDelete