Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blog: My Evolving Face

Blog is evolving. When it appeared at first, I just wrote daily diaries and posted pictures for my friends. Now, I am using it in the ITEC 335 class. Also, people are using it as a resume! I was very surprised by the article “The Blog is the New Resume,” because the characteristic of resume has changed from formal one to informal stuff. And as the form of resume is changed with the flow of web 2.0, the article “Working with Financial Recruiters” tells us what we should deal with this change.

Blog is our other face for cyber space. I think you must probably have felt something when you visit my blog. It’s like your first impression to me. Actually, I usually feel tired to everything, so I did not change the blog format when I put it from the first class when I made my account in www.blogspot.com even though I felt disgusted to the design! However, one day, I changed a little of it. This was because I did not like something in my blog, and I realized that if I was feeling like that, someone would fell like that, too. I changed a little bit.. Guess what?

There is a thing to keep in mind when you post and comment on blogs: Etiquette. In Korea, we usually use a word Netiquette; Net Etiquette, but I am not sure the same word is used in US, either. The reason why it is important is that the blog is your face! Nobody enjoys breaking his promise or using F words and being shameless, but on the Internet, too many people are acting like that. They seem to be totally ignoring the best important thing when they exploit blog, even though it has enough possibility to have a role of resume of them, or represent the group the people are in.

Blog is mirror of the user. It makes us look back our past posts, because everyone in the world can come to our blogs by searching at Google, etc. Oh, I also have to check my blog. What I posted until now???

4 comments:

  1. That's really true. I hope that contents of internet become better as it shows the editor of the contents. By googling your name, the future employer could easily find out things about you, so it's important to be in control of how you are presenting yourself online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful post. It's funny when I see people on facebook posting totally inappropriate things, especially when those people have a thousand or so "friends." What many don't realize is that those hundreds of old facebook friends from high school or an old job may suddenly become relevant again as a potential employer or coworker. So people should pay more attention to netiquette (great word!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you - the blog really is the mirror of who the writer is. You have to be able to show how dynamic you are, without making yourself look rude or inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post. The blog has become the face of the user, which at this point most people want to at least appear professional, and using proper "netiquette" is a good way to do so.

    ReplyDelete